About the Hostel
Anna University Regional Campus – Tirunelveli, provides a second home namely "Pothigai Hostel" for boys and "Thamirabarani Hostel" for girls. It has well embarked facilities so that the girl students can stay safe and feel homely. The hostel is provided with all the necessary facilities which provides a peaceful environment to study. There are ample of airy spaces where the students can socialize in comfort with their fellow inmates and other recreational facilities. The occupancy ratio is 4: 1 and 6: 1. The hostel rules need to be complied by all without fail.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) drinking water is available in each floor.
Spacious dining hall
Serene and homely environment
24 x 7 Dedicated staff to ensure safe environment
Guest rooms on rental basis
Sports and leisure facilities
Furnished non-a/c rooms
24 x 7 Security is provided for the hostel.
Rules & Regulations
1. Students will be admitted to the Hostel only after they have been admitted in the institution.
2. During admission to the hostel, at least one of the Parents/Legal Guardian and the Local Guardian are to accompany the candidate.
3. Students should remain silent without creating unnecessary noise including rooms, bathrooms, dining halls, corridors, common areas etc.,
4. Every student of the hostel should have the civic responsibility that he or she should not be a cause of inconvenience, annoyance or disturbance to others.
5. Disorderly conduct which causes physical or psychological harm to the inmates or classmates will be severely dealt with and it leads to cancellation of hostel seat for the ward throughout the course period.
6. Students found indulging in any form of instigation / intimation / threat to any other hostellers should vacate the hostel straightaway.
7. Students involved in ragging activity will be strictly punished as per norms.
8. Students should assemble in the study hall without fail.
9. Attendance will be taken during study hours. Parents of defaulters will be notified immediately and the student will have to strive for excuse from the warden before attending the next day study hour without fail.
10. Students should maintain strict silence during study hours and concentrate on the academic works only. Disturbance in any form is not entertained.
11. Mobile phone usage during study hours is strictly prohibited. If found, the phone will be confiscated.
12. Room allotment will be done by the hostel administrators only. Students are not permitted to change their rooms.
13. The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the hostel authorities to make sure that they are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items are kept in the room.
14. Students are expected to observe proper dress code.
15. Students should not have huge amount of cash or costly items like cameras, electronic gadgets, gold ornaments etc., in their rooms. Hence, complaints about loss or theft of such costly items are totally discouraged.
16. Students should not enter into any unnecessary conversation, quarrel or confrontation with the hostel staff. If there is any complaint against any employee of the hostel, a written complaint about the person is to be lodged with the hostel administrator.
17. Use of abusive, vulgar and unparliamentarily language against the hostel/mess staff is strictly forbidden. Stern actions will be taken against defaulters.
18. Any magazine, journal, posters or literature of disagreeable nature found to be in possession of any student, will lead to expulsion from the hostel.
19. Movement of students from one room to another room at any cost is strictly prohibited.
20. Permission will not be granted for day scholars or any other hostel students to enter the hostel premises.
21. Collection of donation for any purpose (Religious/ otherwise) is strictly prohibited.
22. Celebrating birthday parties inside the hostel rooms is strictly prohibited.
23. Students are not allowed to play skating and other outdoor games inside the hostel premises to prevent breakages and accidents. Sliding along the hand rails/rest of stairs and fast running/climbing down should be totally avoided to prevent accidents.
24. It is responsibility of the students to switch off lights and fans, while leaving their room. Also, ensure that the windows are also closed firmly.
25. Ensure that the water tap is tightly closed when exiting out of washrooms.
26. The inmates should not remain in the hostel during the working hours / at other times when the presence is expected in the Institution. Prior permission should be availed for exceptional situations without fail.
27. Use appropriate leave forms to avail leave.
28. Alarm clocks should be switched off, when not in use.
29. Wrong entry, improper / lack of entry in exit register, signing on behalf of another person, tampering with the entries, proxy attendance and misguidance of any nature are punishable acts.
30. In case of any quarrel between or among roommates, it should be brought to the notice of hostel administrators.
31. Absentees / Latecomers (without prior permission from the warden) will be suitably punished.
32. Students coming late/absent often will be ejected from the hostel. Such students shall not be readmitted under any circumstances.
33. Students should get prior permission to use Computer systems in their room and the same shall be utilized for academic purposes only. Disciplinary action will be taken against disobeying students.
34. Students should visit the hostel office only during visiting hours.
35. Students should read the circulars put up in the notice boards and be updated with the functioning of the hostel.
36. Food should not be taken to the hostel room. Students should have food only in the dining hall.
37. Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture or any furniture/ property of fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden.
38. The Cost of damages will be recovered in the following manner:
a. If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost price of the damaged item will be recovered from the individuals involved.
b. If damage is done in anyone of the rooms and the people (s) is / are not identified, double the cost price of the damaged item will be recovered, floor wise or block wise or on the whole, as the case may be.
39. The hostel rooms should not be tarnished by scribbling on the wall, pasting printed materials or nailing on the walls. If found, fine will be imposed.
40. Payment of hostel fee and mess fee should be made only through online to the appropriate account.
41. The mess fee should be paid on 10th of every month without fail.
42. A fine of Rs. 100/- is imposed from 11th day of the month to the end of the month and thereafter every month an amount of Rs. 500/- is imposed on the defaulters.
43. Repetition of damage to the hostel property/ involvement in any unwanted activities will result in immediate expulsion from the hostel.
44. Only 3 authorized visitors, including parents, are allowed to meet their wards. The photos of parents and guardian should be submitted in the hostel during admission.
45. It is mandatory for the Parents / Guardian visiting the student should remain in the visiting room of the hostel and should make an entry in the visitor’s notebook.
46. Parents are requested not to encourage any unnecessary outings for their wards.
47. Students should submit leave forms duly signed by their parents for going home during weekends. Unfilled leave forms will summarily be rejected.
48. Change of communication address should be notified to the hostel office without fail.
49. Smoking and drinking are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If found or reported of smoking or consuming any kind of liquor inside/outside the Hostel and has entered the Hostel will be EXPELLED from the Hostel immediately.
50. Students should not order for food from outside hotels or through online.
51. Students should switch off their room lights by 10.30 pm and should wake up by 5 am in the morning.
52. Students returning back after weekends from their hometowns should reach the hostel only after 6 am.
53. Gate will be closed at 6 pm and opened at 6 am.
54. Wards coming to the hostel after the gate closing hours without prior permission or without valid reason would be fined. Regular late comers will not be allowed to stay in the hostel.
55. Usage of Electrical appliances will address additional monthly charges. The item will be confiscated, if used without prior permission.
a. Iron boxes, Water heater, Electric kettles - Rs.100/-
b. Additional fans, Induction stoves - Rs.300/-
56. Violation of any of the hostel rules would result in punitive action and serious violations would be referred to the “Students Disciplinary Committee”. The decision of the committee would however be final.
Materials to be brought by the student
1. Single cot bed
3. Bed sheet and Bed spread
4. Bucket & Mug
5. Tumbler & plate
6. Personal hygiene items
Authorized visitors can visit the hostel inmates for an hour between 10.00 am to 1.00 pm during weekends.
6.00 pm to 7.30 pm
9.15 pm to 10.15 pm
Morning Tea: 6.00am – 7.00am
Breakfast: 7.30 am – 8.30 am
Lunch: 12.50 pm – 01.40 pm
Evening Tea: 5.00 pm – 5.30 pm
Dinner: 7.40 pm – 9.00 pm